Sunday, November 15, 2009

My favorite moment

Tonight in a moment that reminded me why I love technology, I downloaded the movie "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist". I am not going to go through any of the reasons I really enjoy this movie (most of it involves kat denning) but it did make me think of one moment of most weekends that I love above all else: The moment before the night begins. Whether it involves prepping the band/loading the van, or making calls and scheduling, or just meeting with some friends for a few drinks, my favorite part of any night out is the beginning. There is a degree of hope, anticipation, and expectation that combines into something. Whether that something is fun or horrible is up to what the night brings you and the choices you make. I just love those beginning moments of the night.

Now to reflect on my previous post. Hanna Barbera has been putting out collections of cartoons from the 60's and 70's. I recently purchased the 1960's collection vol 1, and the complete Space Ghost. Some of these cartoons have not aged well but some of them are truly awesome. I'm a big fan of the aforementioned space ghost, along with the impossibles,top cat, the herculoids, and a host of others. I won't call this a review so much, but trust me when I say the dvd's are worth it. Here's a taste of the herculoids and the impossibles. (thank you Youtube)





You know you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment