Saturday, March 20, 2010

I go to shows sometimes

3/8/10

Larcenists
Quixote
Look Mexico
Makeout Party

Middle East Upstairs
Cambridge MA

The night before I turned 29 I had the great pleasure of seeing Larcenists continue to kick ass and take names. If you haven't heard this band yet, go find em and get into it now or hear about them a lot later. I missed Quixote due to a quick stop into T.T. The Bears Place next door. Look Mexico was actually kind of disappointing especially since I really enjoyed their recorded work so far. Makeout Party opened and were a lot better than expected. Overall it was a great night and a great time.

3/19/10

Big D and the Kids Table
We Are The Union

Paradise Rock Club
Boston MA

I randomly got myself onto the guest list for this show and had a great time. I realized I haven't seen Big D and The Kids table in well over 10 years. The last time I saw them was in a VFW hall in Long Island in 2000 or so. The band now has expanded to include 2 female back up singers along with a sax and trombone section, base/drums/guitars and the now signature vocal styling. Unfortunately I literally recognized 2 songs they played due to having not really listened to the band in quite some time. The entire set was excellent overall.

We Are The Union opened for them (along with 2 other bands that I missed unfortunately) and played a strong pop punk style with a little bit of a late 90's ska influence. They have a release coming up on the 30th on Paper + Plastick which should be very solid and continue to grow their fan base. All in all this was an enjoyable little night.

Next up is the return of Guns Up! tomorrow and possibly Ted Leo on april 10th. Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment