Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not so angry anymore

....but I still love hardcore.

3/2/10
Middle East
Downstairs

Crime In Stereo
Transit
Defeater
Make Do and Mend

I've been listening to hardcore for longer than I care to admit. Despite never being straight edge, I do tend to love a lot of straight edge hardcore. I also love hardcore in general, despite no longer feeling the angry/fire that really fuels the genre. Originally this show was supposed to be a matinee show on saturday 2/27 but was postponed due to the awesomely destructive force of winter.

Make Do and Mend opened the show and came out swinging. There was a palpable passion brought forth and I felt moved by the music despite not knowing any of the words. They do what they do (play hardcore) and they do it damn well.

Defeater is a band I've heard a lot about but have not previously had the chance to see. The band includes both Gus and Jay Maas, longtime northshore hardcore stalwarts. They definitely tore the house down playing songs off of their full length and a recently released EP.

Transit was described to me as a group of young guys with a lot of potential who play really well. This was definitely an apt description and the only thing I can add is that they have no where to go from here but up. They reminded me of a more aggressive very early Taking Back Sunday (I promise you thats not an insult). Hopefully you'll be hearing more about them on here and the Rush N Attack blog.

Finally Crime In Stereo came in and blew the roof straight off the place. There are really no words that can do these guys justice. They rock hard and they rule even harder. I haven't met a more sincere and heartfelt band. They truly appreciated everything they've achieved and are even more thankful towards their fan base. I wish I knew more of their songs and could sing a long, but even without that knowledge, there is still the urge to sing or atleast scream along with every sentiment the band puts forth.

All in all this was an amazing way to spend a tuesday night and if anyone reads this and sees this tour coming through, it would be in your best interest to check em out.

Next up:
Leatherface, Bridge and Tunnel, Yesterdays Ring, Where the Land Meets the Sea......stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment